Through this site we hope to share some of the great times my wife and I have had cycle touring, and give some help and information to those who might consider cycle touring as an alternative type of holiday. Cycle touring with a tent is a great way to see and explore a country. Here are a few things to recommend it.
- It's a relaxing way to see the country side, you tend to see and experience more of the country side from a bike than a car!
- There's more chance to explore the countryside by taking quieter tracks and lanes.
- You can go at your own pace, we have a brief idea of a route, but adjust it to how we feel and weather conditions.
- If we find a place that we like, we often stay for a few days and explore before moving on.
- It's not as expensive as some holidays. It's a healthy and environmentally friendly way to travel.
- By staying on local campsites and tourist farms there is more chance of getting to know the local people and understanding their culture.
Check out the links on the left for more information.
We hope you find this site useful, any feedback to -
'Unfortunately we do not organise cycling tours or holidays, we just hope that the information contained in these pages might help or inspire you to organise your own'.
||If you are using a 64bit version of Chrome to view this site you will find difficulty in viewing the panoramas in our travelogues as there is no 64 bit QuickTime plug-in available for Chrome. You will need to switch to a different browser such as IE or Safari to view the panoramas.